Meshify 2 Mid-Tower Case by Fractal: A Review
Do you want to have a case that offers high performance and a bold, stealth-inspired aesthetic? If so, you might want to try the Meshify 2 Mid-Tower Case by Fractal. This is a product that can be used with PC, and it is a mid-tower case that features bolt-free, flush tempered glass and a front USB 3.1 Type-C port. The Meshify 2 Mid-Tower Case by Fractal is part of the Meshify 2 Compact series, which is a line of cases that offer versatile and space-efficient design and excellent interior access. In this review, we will discuss the features, pros and cons of this product.
What is the Meshify 2 Mid-Tower Case by Fractal?
The Meshify 2 Mid-Tower Case by Fractal is a product that consists of a case that can be mounted with various components. The case has several features that make it unique and innovative. Some of these are:
- Iconic angular mesh front: The case has an iconic angular mesh front, which provides filtered airflow and a bold, stealth-inspired aesthetic. The mesh front enhances cooling performance and creates a distinctive black-on-white contrast, which is sleek and stylish.
- Bolt-free, flush tempered glass: The case has a bolt-free, flush tempered glass on the left side panel, which showcases your components and RGB lighting. The tempered glass is seamlessly integrated with the steel frame, and it has a bolt-free top-latching mechanism, which makes it easy to open and close.
- Fully removable top panel and top fan bracket: The case has a fully removable top panel and top fan bracket, which opens to provide excellent interior access and easy cable routing. You can easily install or remove components, fans, or radiators, and you can also clean the filters or the interior without any hassle.
- Front USB 3.1 Type-C port: Meshify 2 Mid-Tower Case by Fractal has a front USB 3.1 Type-C port, which offers fast charging and speeds up to 10Gbps. You can connect your devices or peripherals with ease, and enjoy the convenience and performance of the latest USB standard.
- Robust cooling capacity: The case has a robust cooling capacity, with seven fan positions and support for up to 360/280 mm radiators. It also comes with two 140 mm and one 120 mm Dynamic X2 fans, which ensure maximum airflow, minimal noise, and an impressive 100,000-hour life expectancy.
- Flexible storage options: The case has flexible storage options, supporting two 2.5”/3.5” drives and up to four SSDs. It has sturdy steel drive trays with vibration-dampening rubber grommets, and two SSD brackets included. It also has a full-length power supply shroud with a two-part removable cover, which conceals the drive cage and excess cabling for a smooth airflow and a clean interior.
Why should you buy the Meshify 2 Mid-Tower Case by Fractal?
The Meshify 2 Mid-Tower Case by Fractal has many benefits for gamers. Some of these are:
- Performance: The case delivers ultimate performance, thanks to its iconic angular mesh front, fully removable top panel and top fan bracket, and robust cooling capacity. It provides flawless airflow, temperature, and noise control, allowing you to enjoy your games without any compromise.
- Compatibility: Meshify 2 Mid-Tower Case by Fractal is compatible with PC, and it can support ATX, Micro ATX, and Mini ITX motherboards. It can also accommodate various components, such as GPUs up to 360 mm with a 240 mm radiator in the top, or up to 360/280 mm front radiators with GPUs under 305 mm. It also has three front USB ports, including one USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C port, which can be enabled with an accessory cable (sold separately).
- Aesthetics: The case has a striking exterior, which combines a black-on-white contrast, a bolt-free, flush tempered glass, and an angular mesh front. It has a sleek and stylish look, which can match any gaming setup. It also has a light tint tempered glass, which can showcase your components and RGB lighting.
What are the drawbacks of the Meshify 2 Mid-Tower Case by Fractal?
The Meshify 2 Mid-Tower Case by Fractal is not a perfect product. It has some drawbacks that you should be aware of. Some of these are:
- Price: The case is relatively expensive, compared to other cases on the market. It costs around $110, which is more than some gaming consoles. You also need to factor in the cost of the components, the accessory cable, etc., that you might want to use with the case. This means that you need to invest a lot of money to enjoy this product.
- Availability: Meshify 2 Mid-Tower Case by Fractal is not widely available, as it is a niche product that caters to a specific segment of gamers. You may have difficulty finding it in your local stores or online platforms. You may also have to wait for a long time for delivery, as it may be out of stock or backordered.
- Difficulty: The case is not easy to use, as it requires a lot of skill and practice to mount and maintain. It is designed for advanced gamers, and it does not forgive any mistakes. It also requires a lot of space and setup, as it is large and heavy. You need to have a sturdy and stable support for the case, and you need to connect the cable, the components, etc. You also need to configure the settings and the filters for each game that you play.
The Meshify 2 Mid-Tower Case by Fractal is a good product for gamers. It has a case that you can connect to a PC or a console. The case has many features that make it special and new. However, it also has some drawbacks. For example:
Fast: The case is fast and powerful. It has a good airflow and cooling system. It also has a lot of space and slots for your components. You can build your PC easily with the case.
Works well: The case works well with PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. It has a USB-C port and a headphone jack on the front. It also has a tempered glass side panel and a dust filter. The case is sturdy and durable.
Nice: The case has a nice look and feel. It has a white color and a mesh front panel. It also has a stealth-inspired design and a sleek shape. The case is stylish and modern.
Expensive: Meshify 2 Mid-Tower Case by Fractal is quite expensive, compared to other cases. It costs around $150, which is more than some game consoles. You also need to pay for the extra fans, lights, cables, etc., that you might use with the case.
Difficult: The case is not easy to use, as it needs a lot of skill and care. It is for pro gamers, and it does not forgive any mistakes. It also needs a lot of space and setup, as it is big and heavy. You need a strong and stable support for the case, and you need to connect the cable, the software, etc.
Not widely available: You may not find the case easily, as it is for a specific group of gamers. You may have trouble finding it in your local stores or online. You may also wait for a long time for delivery, as it may be out of stock or backordered.
Therefore, if you have the money, the skill and the space, you should try the case. You will enjoy your games more.